ThePRF.com Forum

The People's Republic of Football Forum
It is currently 11:11pm July 21, 2019

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 4:23pm July 26, 2018 

Have thanks: 411 times
Xbox Live Gamertag: TROUTFREAK
I mean, there were only three pages dedicated to the 2017 Redskins and that was WITH Kirk Cousins still dangling in the wind. Here's hoping we get two pages for 2018. My thoughts entering training camp:

1. There is about a 0 percent chance the Redskins make the playoffs. The Eagles and Cowboys likely have more talent and the Giants are probably better too. But let's just go on the supposition that somehow, with 6 games left, the Redskins are still in the wildcard chase.

2. The Vikings, Packers, Rams, 49ers, Saints, Panthers, and Falcons are ALL better than the Redskins and I would argue by a considerable margin. OK, maybe not the 49ers but you know what I mean. Along with (just for giggles) two division rivals (Eagles, Cowboys) that makes 8 teams better than the Redskins. With the 49ers, Lions, Giants, and Arizona likely making bets that they are also at least as good if not better. Six teams make the playoffs.

3. I happen to like the Alex Smith move. So here's how the Redskins actually DO make the playoffs - note, all of these things probably need to happen:

1. Carson Wentz is out the whole year - or doesn't really recover fully and the Eagles sort of sleep through the season. It's happened before.
2. Derrius Guice actually lives up to the hype, is the real deal and rushes for 1500 yards.
3. Jordan Reed plays 12 healthy games (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!)
4. These two dudes from Alabama totally shore up the middle of the defensive line and wreak havoc leaving Ryan Kerrigan to do his thang and record 12 sacks.
5. We actually have a secondary (which I just don't see).
6. The offensive line stays healthy.
7. Either the Vikings or the Packers have a fluke bad year because their qb is not living up to expectations at all. More likely to happen in Minny and I kind of hope it does. The entire NFC south eats itself week after week in the same manner that the NFC east does rendering none of the teams as a front runner and in week to week jeopardy of being wild-card ineligible. 49ers aren't ready yet. Lions, Giants, Arizona have average or bad years.
8. Alex Smith throws more TDs than ever in his career and for more yards.

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

For this message the author The Doug has received thanks: mikeyboy (7:18am August 7, 2018)
PostPosted: 8:32pm July 26, 2018 
Jedi Gumshoe Badass

Have thanks: 1179 times
Xbox Live Gamertag: WaterlooJL
PSN Network name: WaterlooJL
The Doug wrote:
Either the Vikings or the Packers have a fluke bad year because their qb is not living up to expectations at all. More likely to happen in Minny and I kind of hope it does.

Redskins fans are the worst.

PostPosted: 7:33am July 27, 2018 
Jerk

Have thanks: 659 times
Xbox Live Gamertag: JaePee
1. I haven't cared less about this team since before I cared about it.

2. Smith is consistently above average - they key word being consistently. They have talent at receiver and RB. The front 7 on defense should be very good. The whole defense changed last year when Jonathan Allen got hurt. That was the downturn in the season. Adding the new Alabama guy (I don't know his name) I think is going to make this front 7 really good. I agree on the secondary, but if we can collapse on the QB with regularity, that will help them a lot. I think they'll be OK overall. No idea about their schedule or how the rest of the NFC stacks up, so yeah, they probably miss the playoffs like usual. I'd like them to totally suck so I can just not care at all for the whole season.

For this message the author JP has received thanks: mikeyboy (7:18am August 7, 2018)
PostPosted: 5:52pm November 28, 2018 

Have thanks: 2412 times
Xbox Live Gamertag: flynnjr
Redskins ignore Colin Kaepernick, sign Reuben Foster and remind us of who they are

PostPosted: 8:36pm November 28, 2018 
Jedi Gumshoe Badass

Have thanks: 1179 times
Xbox Live Gamertag: WaterlooJL
PSN Network name: WaterlooJL
/signed

I forgot about their QB need but I saw the Foster signing said, "Same old Redskins. Never change, Redskins."

Skol Vikings. :vikings:

PostPosted: 12:42pm December 21, 2018 

Have thanks: 2412 times
Xbox Live Gamertag: flynnjr
I am doing this for The Dug

Quote:
The Redskins’ iteration of the 5 o’clock club was eventually a gathering for players and assistant coaches and the training staff, and by the time Joe Gibbs had arrived as head coach in 1981, there were several regulars: running back John Riggins, defensive tackle Dave Butz; newcomers Jeff Bostic, Russ Grimm, Joe Jacoby, and Mark May; along with most of the other offensive linemen, some defensive linemen, and a handful of coaches and trainers.

“We had officers and everything,” Jacoby said. “I was sergeant at arms. Riggins was ‘El Presidente.’ It wasn’t a democracy, though. We did have some coups.” Other officers were Grimm, Bostic, and Butz.